Well this was the first weekend of the school year, it was interesting. Didn’t do anything, just slept all day. One of Jareds’ friends came up for the weekend, it was Jareds B-day. (Happy B-Day!) I’d have to say it was one of my more unproductive weekends….oh well i’m sure there will be plenty of those to go around throughout the quarter.
As of last friday we were also blessed with a free gift from Esther (thanks a bunch!). A working PS2 (slim), rockband drumset, and 1 rockband guitar. Jared had lots of fun with that. Unfortunately I’m totally rockbanded out…..I think I just played it WAAAAY too much at the end of last year, it no longer really appeals to me. Which is not to say i’ve lost my skill, it’s just not “fun” like it used to be. Oh well….growing up I guess….
Another revalation occured to me whilst talking to my dad today…..the next time I go home i’ll be 21….holy crap time flies! I have yet to think of what i’m going to do for my 21st, but that’s still 2 months away and therefore much too far for me to schedule out to.
Until next time….l8rz!
Well….it begins again….today was the official first day of school. I can’t really say that i’m too excited….i’m going to be a Junior….things will only get harder. However, on the upside….I am now in my apartment and all it’s glory with my roommate Jared (great guy!)
It’s definately something that i’ve been looking forward to, the parking spot below, the kitchen to actually cook in, the living room with all of it’s home theater glory, and that’s not even counting the awesome bedroom layout.
Jared was able to hook us up with nice, comfy leather couches and more kitchen utensils than you can shake a stick at! Definately looking forward to this aspect of the year, the first time living in an apartment since I got kicked out of my moms house many many many moons ago, oh the memories….not?
This quarter i’m taking it somewhat light, only 3 classes….ECE 132, ECE 2C, and Physics 5. Hopefully the 3 classes will not present obscene challenges in terms of academics, not really feeling up to it right now haha.
The first day was definately boring, had to wake my ass up at 7am to get to my 8am class…..*sigh* that never gets any easier….even from freshman year….all in all I think that’s the only crappy part of this quarter. Weekends start on Friday at 5pm and end on Monday at 12pm which is good. That will hopefully lend itself to plenty of snowboarding trips this fall. Definately looking forward to that!
Well until next time….l8rz!
Well I know I haven’t really been keeping up with the blog posts, but it’s not like anyone ever reads this anyways right?? Well after reading a few interesting, and well worded I might add, blog entries over at my friends blog (Carlos G @ http://rocketsilence.com/db/), I figured I might return to give an update on my own!
So here we go:
- Jared, my roommate is on his way down from Sacramento today, I’m going to help him get all settled in.
- Forgot the keys to my moto back home, so this whole week I’ve been doing the bicycle thing, kinda hits home as to how much I’m out of shape! *sigh*
- I went on vacation for a week (9/1/08 – 9/7/08) that was relaxing and somewhat productive I suppose. That entailed a few days in Palm Springs with mom and g-money. I returned to the city and did some stuff at my dads house. Met up with the business partner and discussed some business stuff, we then proceeded to go to Fry’s to purchase him an xbox360. ($200 not bad!) I then returned home to Santa Barbara (yes I have like 20 homes!)
- Friend has a new BF, happy for her. However we don’t talk that much anymore, but I guess it’s to be expected! I went through the same thing once *memory bubble appears*
- I’m starting to get things straight with phpcake. Once you get the hang of it the methodologies and ideas just seem to flow. MVC, it just makes sense!
- I’ve also settled at home with my new IDE (cross platform ftw!) I’m running eclipse with a bunch of PHP strap-ons, I’m also trialing Zend Studio for eclipse, nice but will I dish out the cash for that bad boy? We’ll see…
- I move into the Apt on Saturday and out of FT on Saturday, bye bye FT….I’ll never ever live there again *tear…..regains composure* On the plus side I’ll never have to move all my shiznit….so there are pr0’s and c0ns O_O
- Want to give a shoutout to my friends over at JaguarPC for hosting me and all my ventures. Great support and great uptime!
- Maybe Carlos is right….this blog post turned out to be a little more drawn out than I intended =O